Friday 21 February 2014

Time To Get Sparkle.

Hey sweeties.
After having a clean out a few days a go.
I decided to play with a few nail things that I had but not yet used.
Now, by no means am I a professional at this or claim to be, in fact I'm absolutely PANTS at doing my own nails, but I was bored and gave it a decent attempt.

Heres my attempt.


Now it is a little messy around the edges still as I took these pics while they were drying, but I don't think they look that bad to say I was never taught and haven't done a set for about 6 months *happy face*

Now for my feature nail, I used a product similar to the Nail Rock (click the pink to see review) that I got in my Jan' Birch Box, however I did things with a slight twist.

I first applied the nails and cut them to size, as you do, then blended the tips into my natural nail using a nail file and blending solution.
After this, I shaped the nails with the finer side of the nail file as to not file to much off at once.
Once I've done this, I then apply 2 coats of acrylic. I know most people only do one, but I have rather naturally ridged nails, so I apply one thin coat to smooth the ridges out.
Then when the first coat has dried, I apply another thicker coat, not too thick though as I don't want to have wedges on my fingers!
Once all that is dried, I personally leave it about 10 mins to make sure all the acrylic is set, I start to apply the fancies.

I first get my rhinestones out of their packet and put them on a flat surface.
I then get a TINY bit of acrylic on the end of my acrylic brush and pick up one of the rhinestone up with the brush, the acrylic should act as sort of a glue. 
(TIP: It's easier to pick up rhinestones that are upside down)
Once you've picked up the rhinestone, turn the brush over ( so the stone is on top, right way up) and gently brush it onto the nail.
Clear off any excess acrylic of the brush and then place the stone with the brush.
I then repeated for the other colour stone.

For my feature nail, I bought some fine nail glitter to use with the acrylic, but with it being so fine, it was difficult.
So once the acrylic had fully dried on all nails, after applying the stones, I applied a coat of this...
Barry M - Basecoat, Topcoat & Nail Hardener.
This is a triple threat and I absolutely love it, as you can tell by the amount that is left.

Anyways, I applied this to all my nails, but while the feature nail was still wet ( needs to be wet, NOT TACKY, as it doesn't work properly ) I dipped the nail in the glitter making sure the nail was properly covered, I then blew off any access.

When the first coat was dry I then applied a second coat, making sure to put a thick layer over they glitter.

Now all my other nails are finished but my feature nails just need another quick thin coat of acrylic to stop chipping and glitter falling off everywhere.

When the acrylic is dry, I then apply another coat of Barry M's topcoat (above) and I'm all finished! 

Sound's lengthy, but all in all it took me about an hour and 10 mins, including the drying time.

But I just thought I'd share as I was quite proud of my attempt.
Believe me, I have done a lot LOT worse!

Well that's all for now lovelies.
Does anyone else do their own false nails? How do they turn out?

Lots of love,

... Twitter ... Instagram ... 




No comments: