Monday 3 March 2014

Bed Time Skin Care.

Hey sweeties...

Again after Sophie had a bit of a clear out, I got a few skin care products, as I never had a big thing for skin care, just general taking make up off and moisturising now and again, I thought I better start making an effort before I regret it later.

So, I now have my nightly favourites that I now use religiously.

So here they are.
From left to right and bottom product last.

Benefit | Facial Emulsion| Moisturiser SPF 15
Urbanveda | Radiance Exfoliating Facial Polish 
Benefit | Moisture Prep | Toning Lotion 
Superdrug Brand | Tea Tree Spot Stick

First of all I start by washing my face with the Urban veda facial polish, making sure I get into all the crevices in my face. E.G, hairline, behind the nostrils, right up to the ear, jaw line etc.
I massage into my face for about 2 minutes to make sure that all the make up is lifted of my skin. Now this product is one that 'does what it says on the tin'. I had quite good skin before, not perfect, a few imperfections and blemishes but not bad to say I have been wearing make up for 9 years almost. But after I started using this I saw a dramatic difference, my skin was glowing, my skin toned evened out and some of my blemishes even disappeared, and it smells ABSOLUTELY fantastic!
(Available from Urban Veda themselves for £8.99 125ml )

Once I've patted my face dry and allowed my skin to dry fully naturally, I then move on to my toning lotion. Being from Benefit I knew this was going to be a good product and oh it was. With a cooling sensation this is an ideal toning lotion to using after getting out of a hot bath or shower. I apply this with a cotton pad and it also helps to remove any excess make up, around the sensitive areas, and it is gentle so doesn't hurt if a little gets in your eyes.
(Benefit products available from Boots)

I let the toning lotion soak in, again waiting until my skin is completely dry. Then I move onto the Benefit moisturiser. I should apply this will a cotton pad also but with it being thicker than the toning lotion I think a lot gets wasted on the pad so I apply this will my finger tips. It's light making it easy to apply and easy to soak into the skin. Once it's soaked in it leave my skin looking healthy and radiant and never leaves it looking shiny and greasy. 
(Benefit products available from Boots)

Once that has fully soaked in, I normally give it about an hour, maybe a bit long but I watch a little TV while doing so, I then move on to the spot stick.
Now, having quite big open pores, and being exposed to the mud and such at the horses, I am susceptible to blemishes and big nasty spots. And sometimes they can stand out like a sore thumb, so as well as good make up I use this. I must admit for a drugstores own brand I don't think you can go wrong. I have a recurring blemish on my forehead, where my most open pores are and could never seen to get rid of it. I used to squeeze it regulary ( disgusting I know ), I've tried leaving it alone, but nothing seemed to work. But just after 2 days of wearing this on the blemish, it dried up and the redness disappeared. Now almost a week later, the blemish is almost completely gone with no signs of it reappearing like before. I have to say I am quite happy with this product.  
(Available from Superdrug for £2.99)


That's all for now lovelies.
See you soon!

Lots of love, 

... Twitter ... Instagram ... 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I think your blogs really cute. So I nominated your for the Liebster Award.. check it out http://pawsandclaws101.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-time.html
Have fun! Abigail xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Thanks for sharing these products!

www.emilyahlbum.com