Saturday 22 February 2014

Baby Sister Make Over.

Hey lovelies.
Today I decided to give my little sister a make over.
I'll tell you first of all I didn't do her make up as she has such lovely skin I don't want her to ruin it by getting into make up, the later she discovers it the better!

But being nearly 11 yrs old, she loves to play with her hair and nails, so we had a little pamper session where I did them both for her.

So well start with the nails.

These are the products I used...
Sorry for the poor quality picture!


So we have here:
Avon | Nail Perfect | Nail Biting Solver 
( as she bites her nails! )
Barry M | All In One | Basecoat, Topcoat & Nail Hardener 
Manicure | Cuticle Gel
Art Deco | Silver Glitter 
L'Oréal Paris | Jet-set | Metallic Blue
(Not quite sure of actual colour name as it doesn't say on bottle!)
Fine Nail Art Brush 
Small Blue Rhinestones
Xtras Silver Glitter Nail Varnish & Acrylic but forgot to put that in pic.

Here's what we did...
That is ink in the corner of her feature finger, we CANNOT get it off!


I first applied the cuticle gel and pushed all her cuticles and skin back off her nail.
Then proceeded to massage the undried cuticle gel into her nail beds.
I then applied a based coat using the Barry M All In One.

I then applied 2 coats of the L'Oréal Jet Set to all the nails bar the feature nail which I applied 2 coats of the Xtras Silver Glitter Nail Varnish to.

Once all the coats had dried, I applied 3 small dots across the index finger nail using the art brush and the Art Deco Silver Glitter to create a band across the nail.
I also used acrylic to stick 3 blue rhinestone vertically up the feature nail to add a little something different, and she loves sparkles and glitter.

After 5 minutes when the nails had fully dried, I then re-applied the Barry M All In One over all the nails to seal the colour in and make them shine.

Again, after 5 minutes or so, to make sure that the nails had fully dried, I then applied a coat of the Avon's Nail Biting Solver, to see if it will stop her biting her nails! A habit, which I must say, I think she has got off me, whoops!

But that was her nails all done!


Now for her hair.
Unfortunately, my sister does not have the best natural hair in the world as it is sooooo unpredictable!
Once minute she can have nice luxurious curls and the day after a total frizz bomb.
However, her natural colour is gorgeous, it is a nice chocolate brown with lots of different tones to it.

So here's the end result...




So here's what we did...

I first applied some Beauty Protector Protect & Oil ( I have reviewed before HERE) to smooth some of the frizz of her natural hair out.

After thoroughly applying it throughout her hair and also brushing it through, I then straightened all her hair.

After I straightened it, I then proceeded to curl the ends of her hair using the hair straighteners, it doesn't give a tight curl like hair curlers do, making it look more natural.

Once I'd been round all the ends of her hair, I then applied Percy & Reed Finishing Polish ( also reviewed previously HERE ) which is designed to smooth, control and groom frizzy hair. Now in my previous post about this product, I admitted how much I loved it for my own hair, but my hair is not as frizzy as my little sisters so I thought this would be a good test for it.

And I have to say, it passed with flying colours!
Although she still did have some fly aways, the majority of the hair was smoothed out and just made her hair look 110% better.

All the products I used are available from a drug store or beauty store.

So here's what I do to my little sister when I get bored.
Does anyone else do this?

Anyways, thanks for reading guys!
That's all for now sweeties.

Lots of love,

... Twitter ... Instagram ... 



No comments: