Monday 17 February 2014

Spring Cleaning | Clean Out.

Hey sweeties!
I have decided to have a spring clean out of all my hair and beauty products ready for 2014.
As well as my boyfriend kept having a go at me for having 'too many things' and it 'always looks a mess'. The mess I can agree with as I am a messy person, however there is not such thing as 'too many' products!
Sooo, I decided to take before and after pictures of all my products!
So here goes...

Nail Products.
Now I forgot to take a before picture, as I was too upset at having to throw things *sad face* but here is the 'after' pic.

I have reduced all my nail stuff by over half! It all never used to fit in this box and it was scattered all over my bedroom and in different draws. Please excuse my cat in the second picture, I think he thought he was "helping" by running off with my nail files!

Lotions & Creams.
Now I didn't have a lot of these type of products as just before Christmas I threw out a load of them, expecting to get loads for Christmas as I normally do... However, this year I didn't!

Before

After

Now it doesn't look like there is much different, but I must of thrown 10 tubes of creams & lotions away that I've used once and never used again... 

Make-up | Face.

Before

After

Again, being a bit of a simpleton, I like having my face as bear as possible when wearing make-up. I don't like the heavy 'faked-skin' feeling, so I do not own many face products, just the essentials. However, you can see how much I have thrown, as I just do not wear them. There is things buried in the 'before' picture that I have had for years and just never thrown! Now it's all gone. 

Make-up | Lips.

Before

After

Again, I do not own a lot of lip glosses and lip sticks as I just cannot stand the feeling on my lips. I have yet to find a lip gloss/ lipstick that doesn't make my lips feel greasy and slimey. They only thing I wear in the box on a regular basis is my 'Nivea Pearly Shine' lip balm, as with the cold weather, my lips ended up sore, but normally I don't even wear that! I only wear something on my lips when I go out. So just to keep the ones I don't wear, would be an unnecessary waste!

Make-up | Eyes.

Before 

After

Now this was the hardest to do, as I love my eye make-up. I have a rather unusual eye colour so I love to make them stand out so I just go mad with eye products.
The 'before' picture doesn't even contain all my eye products, it just the things that were in my draws, as there is still some scattered around the bedroom and bathroom.
Before going through this though, the box that the products were in was over flowing with products, now the box is not even full! *sad face again*

Well that is the contents of my clean out for spring, well the biggest part of things, does anybody else do this at the beginning of every year? Does anyone else find it as hard as I do?!

That's all for now.
Let me know what you do.

... Twitter ... Instagram ... 







2 comments:

MakeupByMicaylah said...

I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! ----> http://beautysblessings.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award-discover-new-blogs.html

xoxo Cay from www.beautysblessings.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Have you tried the lip gloss and lip therapy Sugar by Fresh? Incredible. I received on as a gift four years ago and use nothing else. No sticky feel. Just moisture and pretty!