Thursday 20 February 2014

Feb' 2014 Glossybox

Hey sweeties.
It's time for this month's Glossy Box!
I've got to say while I enjoyed last months box, it wasn't the best way to start the new year and it was definitely out shined by other beauty boxes.
However, this month, they've pulled it out of the hat!
Sooo many cool products that I love!

So, we will start with the contents:

Inside we have:
Nougat London | Sparkling Body Shimmer
Eldora | False Eyelashes
Ciaté London | Red Paint Pot
Giovanni Eco Chic Cosmetics | Chic Ultra-Sleek
Maybelline New York | ColorSensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick
Lindt | Lindor Treat Bar

So, here's my review on each individual product.

Nougat London | Sparkling Body Shimmer | 100ml


Having a weird obsession with not wanting to use body lotions (as I think they make my skin feel greasy), I was not particularly bothered about this product. However, I always like to try each product once so I can write about it. 
It turns out, I love this body lotion. 
Smelling like 'cherry blossom' (I love all things cherry anyway) I have fallen in love with the smell, I could sit and smell this all day. 
Once applied, it did make my skin look more radiant and healthy with a light shimmer and glitter without having the full body spray on glitter look. 
The only fault I have with this lotion is the consistency.
It is rather thin, making it hard to handle and put on the skin easily.
On the upside, with this consistency, it doesn't sit heavy on the skin.

Available from Nougat London for £14 for 250 ml

Eldora | False Eyelashes

Like I have mentioned in a previous post, I love my eyes and love making them stand out to their full potential so I was SUPER excited about receiving these.
Unfortunately, I have not had to the chance to wear these out properly yet, but I did try them on.
They base of the lashes are slightly thinner than supermarket bought false eyelashes, which personally, I find makes easier for application. 
They are also reusable, which again is a bonus.
Again, the only fault I have found with these are that the lash length is slightly long, which doesn't make them look natural.
Once I have had a chance to wear these properly, I will take a pic and add it to this post.

Available from Eldora online for £3.90

Ciaté London | Red Paint Pot


How cute is this little pot?!
This ties in perfectly for the 'Valentines' themed Glossy box. 
Again, I've only had a chance to briefly try this product out (I'm not very good am I?!)
but being a 'Nail Varnish Enthusiast' I will always happily accept nail varnishes!
I only applied it to one nail, but the results were fantastic.
It had a high gloss shine and a nice deep cherry colour that really stood out.
If it wasn't for the risk of chipping, you could quite easily get away with not wearing a top coat on this.

Available from Ciaté online for £9 13.5ml


Giovanni Eco Chic Cosmetics | Chic Ultra-Sleek


Again, with only colouring my hair 2 days ago, I've not had chance to wash my hair with this yet. (I think I need to get a new hobby, I'm not very good at this one! )
BUT, I've had a look at the reviews, and this looks to be an amazing product! 
Some of the ingredients in this however, are in other products I use at the moment.
It contains:- Moroccan argan oils; avocado; papaya and some others.
All these type of ingredients are designed to nourish not just your hair but your scalp as well. The sachets are shampoo, condition and leave-in conditioner and styling elixir. 
I will be able to do a further update after I have washed and treated my hair with it.

Available from Health & Beauty Network for £7.99

Maybelline New York | ColorSensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick | Sultry Sand



Being a MASSIVE fan of the nude lips, I have heavily used this product since the day I got it. 
Its smooth and light texture makes it soft and subtle on the lips and it matches my skin tone perfectly! 
It's also long lasting, being a smoker ( I know, dirty habit *sad face* ) and a coffee lover, my lips are forever rubbing on things making the lipstick come off, but this doesn't.
It takes a while for this to come off, but yet easily removed with make-up remover/baby wipes. 
Also as I've mentioned in a previous post, I don't like the heavy slimey feeling that some lipsticks and lipglosses leave, but this doesn't. It's just sooo light.
Definitely going to be repurchasing this.

Available from Boots store and/or Boots online for £6.99

Lindt | Lindor Treat Bar


Needless to say, this went down a treat with a cup of coffee!
It lasted all about 5 mins, which in that 5 mins, I'd opened the box, took the picture and and made a cup of coffee! 
And, it was blooming lovely!

Well that's all from me for now.
Does anyone else get glossy boxes? Did anybody get anything different?


... Twitter ... Instagram ... 




No comments: